Fiddle Ninja
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Recommendation Thread

3 posters

Go down

Movie Recommendation Thread Empty Movie Recommendation Thread

Post  Pope Randal I Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:54 pm

I'm sure every member here has seen more than a few movies, and I'm also sure that every member here has seen at least one great movie that several other members haven't seen. This thread is to recommend those movies to the other Fiddlers. Please don't just list the movies, at least give a few reasons why the other members should watch the movie. A description of the film would be a good idea as well. Spoilers will get you probated unless the film is reasonably old (I'm not bringing down the Red Hammer just because someone spoiled a fifty year old movie).

I'll contribute first:

Seven Samurai
One of Akira Kurosawa's most well-known films starring the legendary Toshiro Mifune and Takashi Shimura, among others. The film centers around a village of farmers that is being raided by bandits. The farmers finally decide to fight back by hiring seven ronin who then train them in the art of warfare. It's a bit of a long film, but worth the four hours it takes to watch it is more than worth it. The movie has amazing acting, especially that of Mifune and Shimura. It's one of the few films I can watch again and not get bored with it. I HIGHLY recommend this film.

Let's get this ball rolling!

Last edited by Pope Randal I on Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pope Randal I
Pope Randal I
Best Pope Ever.
Best Pope Ever.

https://fiddleninja.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Movie Recommendation Thread Empty Re: Movie Recommendation Thread

Post  Ridiculosity Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Quoting Skye:

Adventures in Babysitting- Awesome. Movie.

It's a relatively old movie, but still pretty good. It's pretty much just a bunch of kids having fun with their babysitter. Stuff happens, hijinx ensue. That and, come on, you gotta love a little girl that runs around in a Viking helmit pretending she's Thor.
Ridiculosity
Ridiculosity
Admin
Admin

https://www.photobucket.com/albums/ee12/RhylinFaye/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pope Randal I Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:41 pm

Ridiculosity wrote:you gotta love a little girl that runs around in a Viking helmit pretending she's Thor.

That's something I would do today. v
Pope Randal I
Pope Randal I
Best Pope Ever.
Best Pope Ever.

https://fiddleninja.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gato_The_Dancing_Robot Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:03 pm

POPE-EDIT

WAY TO COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT OF THE THREAD, YOU LIST-MAKING MOTHERFUCKER. TRY AGAIN.
Gato_The_Dancing_Robot
Gato_The_Dancing_Robot
Mint Condition

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down